Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ikimasu!

So after easily two months of procrastinating and Pokemon inbreeding, I've finally decided to get into this blog game amongst other things and this is my first official post.

For the five of you that were linked to this e-diary by means other than my twitter account, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Brennan Williams and I am the biggest nerd you know.  Literally.  At 6'7 and 330 lbs, I have yet to encounter one bigger.  I'm an avid comic book reader, pro-wrestling watcher, sci-fi enjoyer, live action roleplayer, and and all around Japanophile.  I guess the only reason I have more than ten twitter followers (consisting of my mom and some D&D buddies) is because I am also a professional football player, wrapping up my first season with the Houston Texans.

I've found myself with ample free time due to spending my first season on the IR.  For the uninitiated,  IR is a fancy term for too hurt to play this season--and with this down time, I vowed to do something cool.  Something that other people can get involved with.  So with the time that I am not working out, studying football, or working with charity, I have decided to start a YouTube channel and a blog to better communicate with all of these people who suddenly have an interest in me.

The GREATBLACKBLOG, which I have taken to calling it is a little place for my friends and I to talk about stuff that might not warrant an entire YouTube episode.  We keep it light.  And if you ever wanted to hear what a big black guy has to say about who is favorite member of Ho-kago Tea Time is, or which Oreimo is best, this is the place for you.

Also if you are feeling charitable, check out my charity and buy some "73 GREAT" merch at http://www.73great.org

Proceeds go to benefit youth activities like the Boys and Girls Club in Houston.

-BW

1 comment:

  1. What is your youtube account? Also, I'm guessing the "greatblackotaku" MAL profile is yours? You should update it some time too! Good luck in the NFL too. I know the Texans aren't doing the best this year but it is a very talented team. I will always support my Bears though.

    ReplyDelete