Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brennan's Top 5 Hypest Workout Tracks

What's going on Otaku Faithful?  This is the GREATBLACKOTAKU who has FINALLY made his way back from the glitz and glamour of his tiny YouTube channel to the domain he paid good money for with a highly requested list of what I listen to when I work out.  So heres a list of my top 5 songs currently on my workout playlist.

For those who don't know, as a football player, when I'm not practicing or studying the game I am generally in the weight room, especially in the off season where working out is essentially my job.  Needless to say the daily 5-6 hour grind goes a lot faster when listening to some of my favorite tunes.  But first, I'll start off with some "situational honorable mentions".

Best "Alarm Clock" Song:

I sleep pretty hard, and need about four alarms strategically staggered to get me out of bed.  All different songs, but this is the one is the last line of defense.

Fly Away by TeddyLoid



Fast start, and too loud to ignore.  Loved the tune since I first heard it on the show.  Also one of my favorite OSTs.

Best "WAKE UP GET HYPE" Song:

I wake up pretty early in the morning to start my day, so after an energy shot I need a good "WAKE UP GET HYPE" song to listen to on the short car ride to the stadium.  Usually a song that I can sing along to and get the brain firing.

Movin' on without you by Utada



Don't judge me.  This song has been on my iPod for literally 10+ years.  I know all the words.  Dat voice.  Dat chorus.  Based Hikki.

Best Rehab Podcasts:

A solid chunk of my work days this off season consist of rehab outside of the weight room.  I always liked talk radio, so podcasts were a natural transition during the more boring parts of my day.  I've got a solid weekly rotation, but three are set in stone.

Monday: Solomonster Sounds Off here
Tuesday: Super Best Friendcast! here
Wednesday: Houston Wrestling Radio here

If you're into podcasts, these come highly recommended.  Also, if you want to listen to a podcast I'm semi-regularly on, check out the Kings of Things here!

Onto the actual top five!

5. Before My Body Is Dry by Mika Kobayashi


The perfect song for when a set is beating you down.  By the time you hear "DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY" you feel like you can lift a mountain.  A great addition to my play list from day one.

4.  MARIA&JOKER and Etsuraku Camelia by Nana Mizuki


Technically two songs, but because they are right after one and other on the Ultimate Diamond album, I don't think I've ever listened to just one in a row.  MARIA&JOKER gives me my jazzy Cowboy Bebop fill without being too mellow with killer vocals.  Etsuraku Camelia (which I guess there is no trace of on YouTube) sounds like a much more traditional Japanese song, with face melting guitars that rounds out a great one two punch.

3.  Gianism Shichi by Nightmare


The first riff draws you in and doesn't let go until the songs over.  Funky, hard hitting, and up beat, this has consistently been one of my favorite Nightmare songs since I started listening to them, and great during cardio.

2.  Ascended Master by Versailles Philharmonic Quintet


I used to always say I've been a Versailles PQ fan since before they were "Philharmonic Quintet".  Now I have to say I've been a Versailles fan since before they were not a band (T-T).  Anyways, I always have had a thing for symphonic metal and Versailles did that wonderfully with a visual kei twist.

1.  Kagerou by Sadie


This was a tough one, seeing as any Sadie song from UNDEAD 13+2 or MASTERS OF ROMANCE could have made my top five, considering those albums have been on my pre game playlists since high school.  At the moment, Kagerou is the hypest, though that changes from year to year.


That just about wraps it up, hopefully you enjoyed my list and found some new artists to listen to!  Be sure to suggest more blogs you'd be interested in reading, because I think thats going to be the new direction for this site.




1 comment: